When you connect to ucm from jdeveloper if you face problem in connecting then its worth to check the ip filter of the ucm connection in em console.
official support of ADF for Android is from 126.96.36.199. This is discussed in this forum.
Debugging the Issue:
Debugging the problem is the important step in finding the problem in ADF Application. If you are able to debug the application flow then there is a possible chance of pointing out the problem in the first place. Debugging help us to understand where and when the problem arises.
In ADF Application you can debug the issue by placing the breakpoints in Java class file and also in Task Flows. To know more about debugging follow this link
If we are able to identify the problem and fix it then its good. otherwise note down the problem and move to next step
Look for Errors:
After debugging the issues we are sure that the outcome will result in
- What is the problem?
- Where is the problem occurring?
- When is the problem occurring?
Most of the time we have the exception thrown to the user or in the console. Its easy foe advanced user to identify the cause of the issue when the exception or the error is thrown. Also the exceptions that occur will be self explanatory but its hard for newbie to spot the root cause.
Its always advised to find the exception or error for the clear understanding of the problem. So we have to find a way to get these exceptions thrown. These are the qualified places to look for errors and exceptions
- JDeveloper Console – For integrated server
- Weblogic Console – if its a standalone deployment
This link will help you to find the errors and also some standard practice to look for exceptions by preparing the application to log the application events using a Logger file.
After seeing the Exceptions
Search for Errors online
By this time you would have got the exception or the error in your hand. So don’t waste time start searching for the error in
- To Search in Google efficiently follow this link
- OTN Forum link is here
- Documentation (188.8.131.52) link is here
- Oracle Support link is here
Eg. If this is the error that you are getting
oracle.adf.controller.internal.AdfcIllegalStateException: oracle.adf.controller.ControllerException: ADFC-12003: The page flow scope stack is empty. at oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.PageFlowStackEntry.getPageFlowScope(PageFlowStackEntry.java:271) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.ViewPortContextImpl.getCurrentStateInstance(ViewPortContextImpl.java:594) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.RequestState.setCurrentViewPortContext(RequestState.java:200) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.ControllerState.setRequestState(ControllerState.java:948) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.ControllerState.synchronizeStatePart1(ControllerState.java:360) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.application.SyncNavigationStateListener.beforePhase(SyncNavigationStateListener.java:127) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.lifecycle.ADFLifecycleImpl$PagePhaseListenerWrapper.beforePhase(ADFLifecycleImpl.java:551) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.internalDispatchBeforeEvent(LifecycleImpl.java:100) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.dispatchBeforePagePhaseEvent(LifecycleImpl.java:147) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.faces.lifecycle.ADFPhaseListener$PhaseInvokerImpl.dispatchBeforePagePhaseEvent(ADFPhaseListener.java:112) at oracle.adfinternal.controller.faces.lifecycle.ADFPhaseListener.beforePhase(ADFPhaseListener.java:59) ...
Options to search
- oracle.adf.controller.internal.AdfcIllegalStateException (common search term)
- oracle.adf.controller.ControllerException (common search term)
- ADFC-12003: The page flow scope stack is empty (common search term)
- ADFC-12003 – you are widening the scope of the search if the above search term is not helping you
- oracle.adfinternal.controller.state.PageFlowStackEntry.getPageFlowScope – this will help you to identify when this problem arises
- PageFlowStackEntry.java:271 – strike the hammer at the point
Note: If you want to find issues similar to this in otn then give like ‘ADFC-12003 + OTN’
You will come to this stage if you are not success with the above approach to identify the issue.
Are you trying some new Feature?
- Check if Jdeveloper/ADF release supports the feature – check known issues
Is this a Connection Problem?
- Check the connection, and make sure if you are able to connect to the DB properly.
- Make sure that you have configured the Data Source properly.
- Is the Databindings.cpx points to the correct application module configuration
Is it a common Java Issue?
- Class path issue – Check if the libraries are there in the class path and if you have added the libraries to the project.
- Did you add the correct libraries to the project
- make sure that you ‘Deploy by Default‘ the libaries that you add
- Common Exceptions – NullPointerException, ArithmeticException, NumberFormatingException etc
- If these errors are shown inside the framework then check if you are doing what is expected and you are sure to check how it works.
Is this a common JEE Issue?
- Deployment issue – this can be related to configurations in web.xml, weblogic.xml or weblogic-application.xml. Check if this can be solved using the parameters, filters or servlet mapping in web.xml
- Session related issue – This can be again related to web.xml and session handling
- Transaction issue – configurations related to adfc-config.xml
- All configuration parameters are here
Page Refresh Issue?
- Check iterator refresh condition property
- Check the changeeventpolicy in iterator
- is the partialsubmit or the autosubmit is working as expected
- cross check with the immediate property
- Check the partial triggers property
- May be related to jazn-data.xml, is the system-data.xml getting updated with the User and Roles
- the configurations are done in web.xml, weblogic.xml
- Check security settings in weblogic server.
- Check security setting for the folders also, sometimes the server needs full permission for some updates. This may also cause some problem
- This may be related to Clustering. Cross check with clustering of ADF Application
- adf-config.xml has some property for clustering. check that
- Increase the Heap size for the application and try
- make your application more performance to overcome any memory issues
- Check if the DB data is proper
- Run the query in the back end to make sure that you get the proper result
Change not reflecting?
- Do a clean build and try to run again. make sure you generate the classes again
- remove drs folder in system folder or remove the DefaultDomain folder or remove the complete system folder and try from scratch
Not sure about the problem?
- Cross check our logic,never assume that your logic is correct, try to alter the logic ,ask your peer to review the logic (others will have an extra eye on the problem and the approach)
- Read the Documentation again to check how the component works and make sure that you completely understand it
Note: Most of the issues listed above are common issues, you will get all related issues when you search online or in Oracle Forums. I believe that Only 5% of the issues can be considered as never experienced by others. So most of the issues that the user experience will be already discussed in the future. So do search the Oracle forums or Google to get your issues solved.
Post a Forum Question
- This stage is like you are asking for help from the experts who has some expertise in the area.
- Wait for the answers, if you are not getting an answer ask for it again one or two times
- If someone post for your question then try to validate that. Don’t ignore if someone who is not an expert replied to our post. Its better to try all possible ways.
- If you get an answer, try that and update the post about your findings even if the issue is fixed. This will help some other person who is facing similar issue like you
Raise for help from Oracle
If you have tried all possible options above then you have to wait for Oracle to help you.
- Raise an SR
In Jdeveloper 11.1.2 we often see that the designer is going off and looks clumsy without the ‘WYSIWYG’ feature during the design time. The jspx or jsff designer in Jdeveloper will show as
To fix this we directly go and delete this directory o.j2ee.jsplib in
C:\Documents and Settings\ USER_NAME\ApplicationData \JDeveloper\system184.108.40.206.38.60.17
Thanks to the blogger
For other version, if the file or folder does not exist then go to o.j2ee and delete or move – jsp-faces-tags-cache.xml and jsp-libraries.xml. Also delete .wlLib folder if it exists. If nothing works delete the system folder.
also make sure that the ‘Execute Tags in JSP Visual Editor’ is checked for adf components
updates from a collegue
If you have a class reference in your application folder that cannot be loaded this problem might occur
oracle.adf.view.rich.security.FRAME_BUSTING <param-value>differentDomain</param-value> To: <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.security.FRAME_BUSTING</param-name> <param-value>differentOrigin</param-value>
change the class .adf/META-INF/services/oracle.adf.view.rich.context.ExceptionHandler
or rename this file oracle.adf.view.rich.context.ExceptionHandler
Jdeveloper 220.127.116.11 released..
At last made an entry in Jdeveloper and ADF forum’s Top users list.. 10th now.. will soon climb up..
Sometime when you do the changes and run the application the latest changes are not updated while running the application.
The culprit is the system folder.
has the exploded war file which will have the classes that is old. deleting the classes from the exploded directory would definitely fix the issue.